Every woman has been aware of sanitary pads since adolescence, but most have never heard of panty liners. Do you know what they are? Okay, sanitary napkins are absorbent that you wear on your panties during menstruation. And the panty liners aren’t too different. It is an absorbent fabric thinner than a pad, worn inside the panties, but serves the same purpose. It is mostly used for blemishes or discharges. It can help you feel comfortable throughout the day. Keep reading to know the difference between sanitary pads and panty liners.
The difference between a sanitary pad and a panty liner
Both sanitary pads and panty liners can be used during menstruation. Most women prefer to use sanitary pads instead of panty liners. Here is the difference between the two.
Panty liners are basically wingless small pads that play the right role of pads in panties. Panty liners are available in different sizes in the market. These are made in different sizes and types. There are two main types of panty liners:
Panty liner for extra protection – You can use panty liner for extra protection on the day of heavy discharge. These panty liners help dry out the menstrual flow and provide more protection during the day.
Ordinary panty liner – This type of panty liner is thin and mostly suitable for vaginal discharge absorption or low menstrual flow. Most women use it in the last days of their period because then the period is shorter.
Also read: Do you know the dangers of using sanitary pads?
Benefits of using panty liner
Panty liners are also readily available and comfortable in the market. However, they should not be used during heavy menstrual flow. Here are the main benefits of using a panty liner:
- Helpful during vaginal discharge, leakage of urine and sudden period
- Panty liner prevents the risk of panties getting dirty
- Panty liner is useful for the last days of bleeding
- Keeps moisture in the bay
- It keeps the vaginal area dry
How to use a panty liner?
Here are some steps to explain how to use panty liner:
- To use the panty liner, you first need to stick it inside your panties
- A typical panty liner can only be used for 2 hours
- Even reusable panty liners made of cloth are normal
Sanitary pads or napkins and pads are also said to be the most used products during periods. You can choose between different types depending on the body type, size and many other factors. However, it cannot be reused like panty liner.
Also read: Why you should switch to organic sanitary pads
Advantages of sanitary pads
Unlike panty liners, sanitary napkins are more effective if used during heavy flow. It is the most purchased women’s hygiene product in the world. The benefits of the pad are listed below:
- Good for low odor and rash
- Can be used to absorb heavy flow during menstruation
- Absorbs blood properly during menstruation
- Protects against skin infections
- The pad is comfortable and easy to use
How to use sanitary pads?
You can use any one during the period as per your requirement. It is important to be aware of the differences between sanitary pads and panty liners. Here’s how to use your Santa Napkins:
- Sanitary pads should be attached to the pack of your panties and the soaked side should face upwards.
- In this process, their wings have to be withdrawn and glued on both sides
- You can use a sanitary napkin for 5 hours and no more